Healthy butternut squash soup recipes
The sweet, creamy and spicy combination of squash, coconut milk and spices makes this soup a perfect treat for a cold afternoon. This Thai-inspired soup is very tempting to the nostrils and to the palate.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
* 1 10-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
* 1/2 cup lite coconut milk,
* 1/2 cup water
* 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
* 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
* 2 teaspoons lime juice
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 1/2-1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Over medium heat, cook squash, water and coconut milk for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let the squash defrost while cooking.
2. Add chicken.
3. Simmer over medium heat, for three more minutes, stir occasionally.
4. Add spinach, sugar, lime juice, curry paste, salt to taste and continue to cook for about 3 minutes longer.
5. Make sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly before serving.