Simple Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast Recipe
- 1 lb Loaf French bread Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 lg Eggs — slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 c Skim milk
- 1 c Sugar — divided
- 1 tb Vanilla extract
- 6 md Apples — peel/core/thin slice
- 3 ts Ground cinnamon
- 1 t Ground nutmeg
- 1 tb Butter
1. Slice bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and tightly pack bread into pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and the vanilla. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread slices.
3. Evenly distribute apple slices over bread. Top with remaining egg mixture.
4. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, uncover pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.