- 2 c. frozen petite green peas
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 112 c. sour cream – (low-fat if desired)
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon, fried
- 1 1/2 tsp. dri ed dill weed
In a microwave proof dish, cook peas on HIGH (full power) for 2 to 3 minutes, or until peas are just under cooked. Remove peas from microwave and drain, let peas cool. Use ice-cubes if you like to cool peas; make sure to drain again. In a large bowl, add peas, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill weed, onions, celery and mix well. Chill for at least 20 minutes in refrigerator before using. In a small frying pan fry bacon until well done and crisp; do not burn. Place bacon on absorbent paper to drain. When bacon is cooled, crumble and garnish pea salad when serving.