- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices bread (thick)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Grease 6 large muffin cups —
- Butter one side of each bread slice, place buttered side up in muffin cup and press into place.
- Sprinkle each slice of bread with pepper to taste and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl — add oregano to taste.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve hot.