A perfect breakfast or brunch casserole of eggs, ham and cheese.
- sourdough bread
- 4 to 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup diced cooked smoked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Slice bread and trim crusts from slices; place a layer of bread on the bottom of prepared casserole dish.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over bread slices; sprinkle with diced ham. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 to 6 hours.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove casserole from refrigerator, uncover and sprinkle cheese over egg/ham mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes, depending on the size and depth of the casserole dish.