Wild West Burgers
- 8 hamburger patties (2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, well drained
- 8 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup canned French-fried onions
- 8 hamburger buns, split
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the hamburger patties on two rimmed baking sheets.
2. Spread the barbecue sauce evenly over the tops of the patties and sprinkle with the green chilies.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and a sprinkle of French-fried onions.
4. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the burgers and the cheese is melted. Serve in the buns.