Rich chocolate brownies
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 ripe banana, well mashed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup broken walnut meats No baking powder or soda. This makes them extra dense and moist
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, (325 for a glass pan). Combine flour and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt margarine or butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small pan on low heat. Cool to room temperature. In a
large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add mashed banana. Stir in chocolate mixture.
3. Gradually sift and stir in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Pour into an 8″x 8″ pan that has been sprayed with Pam or cooking oil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.