- 3 cups Cooked rice — cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups Canned black beans — – rinsed and drained
- 1 medium Red onion — chopped
- 1 cup Cubed jicama — – (cut into 1/8-inch
- 1/2 cup Sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup Diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup Diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil — divided
- 4 ounces Cubed cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove — minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
Combine rice, onion, jicama, olives, and peppers in large bowl; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add ham; cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly.
Add to rice mixture.
Combine remaining oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper in small jar with lid.
Shake to blend. Drizzle dressing over salad.