FUDGE RUM BALLS
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbsp. rum extract
- 2 c. sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa Pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan. Prepare, bake and cool cake following package directions.
2. Crumble cake into large bowl. Stir with fork until crumbs are fine and uniform in size. Add 1 cup nuts, rum extract, confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Stir until well blended.
3. Shape heaping tablespoonfuls mixture into balls. Garnish by rolling balls in finely chopped nuts. Press firmly to adhere nuts to balls. Makes
6 dozen. Tip: Substitute real rum for rum extract.