- 3/4 c Margarine; at room temperature
- 1/4 c Sugar;
- 1/2 c Liquid egg;substitute at room temperature Liquid sugar;substitute equal to
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 t Vanilla;
- 2 c Cake flour;
- 2 t Baking powder;
- 1/4 c Instant dry milk;
- 1/3 c Cocoa;
- 1 c Water; at room temperature
1. Cream together margarine and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute, sweetener, and vanilla to creamed mixture and beat at medium speed for 1/2 minute.
2 . Stir together flour, baking powder, dry milk, and cocoa to blend. Add 1 cup water to creamed mixture along with flour mixture and mix at medium speed only until smooth.
3. Spread evenly in a 9 inch square pan that has been greased with margarine. Bake at 350 degree F. for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
4. Cool to room temperature and cut 4 x 4 to yield 16 equal servings.