- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Cocoa
- 1 ts Baking soda Dry substitute equal to
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Margarine (2 Sticks); at room temperature
- 2 lg Eggs
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 1/2 c Semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, dry sugar substitute, cinnamon, and salt in a mixer bowl and mix a low speed to blend well. Add margarine, eggs, vanilla and water, and mix at medium speed to blend well.
2. Spread batter evenly in an 11″ by 15″ jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with pan spray or greased with margarine.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bars pull away the sides of the pan and a cake tester comes out clean from the center. Place on wire rack and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot bars.
4. Mark four by eight and cool until chocolate has hardened. Cut as marked. (Might be a good idea to cut even more sugar out of this.)