Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 c Butter (or marg.); softened
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Sugar, brown; firmly packed
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ts Vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 c Flour, all-purpose
- 2 ts Soda
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Pecans; chopped
- 6 oz Chocolate chips, semi-sweet
1. Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture, beating just until blended.
3. Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate morsels. Shape dough into 3 long rolls, 2 inches in diameter.
4. Wrap each in waxed paper, and freeze overnight. Unwrap rolls, and cut into 1/4″ slices; place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.