Cheese & Chocolate Tunnel Cake
- 1 Two layer chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 c Margarine or butter
- 16 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 ts Margarine or butter, melted
- 2 oz Semi sweet chocolate
- 2 ts Corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting margarine for oil. Reserve 1 cup of batter. Pour remaining batter into a 12 cup greased and floured fluted tube pan.
2. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Pour over batter in the pan.
3. Spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
4. Combine margarine, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour over cooled cake.