Tortelloni tossed in a traditional meat and sausage sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Italian sausage, skinned
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (18-oz.) can crushed
- tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (1/4 teaspoon dry)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage (1/4 teaspoon dry) salt, to taste pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs tortelloni Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In large heavy skillet, heat oil; add celery, carrot, onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes. Add meat; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour wine into pan to de glaze. Reduce. Add tomatoes and remaining seasonings; stir to combine. Simmer for one hour.
3. Halfway through simmering time, bring large pot of water to boil; cook pasta; drain; do not rinse.
4. Transfer hot pasta to serving platter; pour sauce over; toss to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.