- 1 pound peeled raw shrimp (50-60 count)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed hot red pepper Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet green pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 hoagie buns
1. In large cast iron frying pan, melt the 1/4 cup butter with olive oil. Add garlic and hot red pepper. On low heat cook about 10 minutes, so as to blend flavors.
2. Add shrimp and cook until they are a deep pink. In small frying pan melt the 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion with red and green pepper slices.
3. Cook until soft, not browned. Place in small serving dish. Divide shrimp mixture into the two buns, and drizzle with the drippings.
4. Top with onion/pepper mixture. Makes 2 large sandwiches.