These truffles will be soft inside despite that it feels firm on the outside. You only need to store them in a cool place, but not necessarily the fridge. Make sure you always use an airtight container! Be sure to use good quality chocolate!
- 8 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate cake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
1. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine cream and butter. Place over low heat, and bring to a boil.
3. Pour over chocolate, and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in cake crumbs and rum. Set aside until firm, but not hard.
4. Roll heaping teaspoons of chocolate mixture into balls, then roll in the chocolate sprinkles. Place on the prepared tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Serve in small paper cups.
Note: I save up chocolate cake crumbs whenever I have a chance. They can be stored in the freezer. Pack the crumbs in the amount needed. A good chocolate cake makes all the difference!
Original recipe yield: 24 truffles.