- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices Italian or other white bread
- 4 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 (wide) slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1. Combine first 3 ingredients; spread on four slices of bread.
2. Top each with four bacon pieces, two tomato slices, and a slice of cheese.
3. Top with remaining bread. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
4. Cook sandwiches on both sides until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted, adding more butter if necessary.
Makes 2 servings.