- 12 large slices dark rye bread Mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 pounds cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 12 slices Swiss cheese Butter or margarine, softened
1. For each sandwich, use 2 slices bread, one-sixth of the turkey slices, one-third cup sauerkraut and 2 slices cheese.
2. Assemble sandwiches by spreading one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. On six bread slices, layer turkey, sauerkraut and cheese.
3. Cover with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down. Spread top bread slice evenly with softened butter; place buttered side down in skillet.
4. Butter other bread slice. Cover; grill slowly on each side.
Makes 6 sandwiches.