Garden Fresh Calzones
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shortening Jelly
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl combine mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and onion.
2. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning; mix well. Unroll pizza dough onto cookie sheet. Roll dough into large square. Cut into 4 equal squares.
3. Place 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 tablespoon sauce and 1/4 vegetable mixture on each square, leaving a 1/2-inch edge on each square.
4. Fold dough in half over filling. Press edges with fork to seal. Brush with egg white and make 3 slits on top of each calzone. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.