- 4 c. milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. vanilla Sliced Peaches or Strawberries
1. Prepare sliced peaches or strawberries and sprinkle with sugar and allow to set until the make juice. Use enough fruit to make about 1 qt. of fruit puree. Put fruit and juice into blender and coarsely puree. You should have about 1 blender full or about 1 qt.
2. Add fruit puree to the custard mixture which has been cooled or chilled overnight in the refrigerator. (I always make the custard the day before and put in refrigerator. I prepare the fruit and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator as well.) This recipe assumes you have a 1 gallon freezer.
3. The freezer can should never be filled more that 3/4 full because the ice cream expands as it freezes and it will overflow if the can is too full. You can also make raspberry ice cream but don’t use as many raspberries (probably 2 cups of puree is enough) as they have a much more intense flavor.
4. Actually you can add just about any fruit you would like to try but these are all the ones I have tried.