Sweet and Sour Pork Pockets
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pork or chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pimiento, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. Apricot preserves Sliced almonds Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup preserves, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce and garlic powder.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and starts to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in pork, green pepper and pimiento. Set aside.
3. Separate dough into five biscuits. Separate each biscuit into two layers. On ungreased cookie sheet, press five biscuit pieces into 4-inch circles. Spoon pork mixture evenly over biscuit pieces.
4. Press remaining five biscuit pieces into 4-inch circles. Place on top of pork mixture, stretching tightly to fit. Press edges with fork to seal. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Brush tops with apricot preserves: sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Makes 5 sandwiches.