Strawberry Fields Salad the crunch of fresh greens, topped with glazed pecans and glazed strawberries.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 strawberries, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 oz. balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese cracked black pepper, to serve
1. In small saucepan, combine all ingredients for glazed pecans; heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine strawberry glaze ingredients; set aside.
3. Chop lettuce into bite-sized pieces; transfer to large bowl; toss with vinaigrette and Parmesan.
4. Divide between 2 serving dishes; top with glazed pecans.
5. Strain strawberries; place on top of salad; sprinkle with cracked black pepper.