- 1 cup long-grain rice
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mixed vegetables — cooked
- 1/2 green bell pepper — finely diced
- 1 cucumber — peeled and diced
1. Place rice, salt and pepper in small heavy pan with tight
fitting lid. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil, cover, then simmer for
20 minutes without lifting lid.
2. Put cooked rice in mixing bowl, add oil, vinegar and mustard.
Toss with a fork to mix well.
3. Gently fold in cooked vegetables. You will need 2 cups total so
use your choice of green peas, carrots, corn, green beans, etc. Add the
diced green pepper and cucumber.
4. Lightly oil a decorative mold; do not use olive oil for this.
Pack rice mixture into mold and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Unmold just before serving.