- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro — minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup Quinoa — rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds — toasted
- 1 cup Cooked black beans
- 1 medium Tomato — diced
- 3 tablespoons Red onion — minced
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil and add corn.
Reduce heat and let corn simmer until tender. Drain corn, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
Bring cooking liquid to a boil and add quinoa and cumin.
Cover, reducing heat, and let simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
Remove pan from heat and leave undisturbed for 5 minutes.
Fluff quinoa with a fork and allow to cool slightly.
In a bowl, combine cooled quinoa, corn, black beans, tomato and onion.
Pour dressing over and toss gently to mix. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.