- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatine
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 cup heavy cream Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Combine cracker crumbs thoroughly with melted butter, and press into the bottom and up 1 inch on the sides of a 9−inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
2. Place the water in a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine over the water. Let set for 5 minutes, then heat, stirring until gelatine has dissolved fully. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy. Mix in gelatine; set aside. Remove seeds from pomegranates.
4. Whip the cream until stiff. Gently but completely mix cream cheese and 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds into the whipped cream. Spoon into prepared, cooled crust. Smooth out the top. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
5. Store remaining pomegranate seeds, covered, in the refrigerator.
6. To serve, remove cheesecake from pan. Top with remaining pomegranate seeds.