Peanut Buttery Chocolate Bars
- 1 1/3 cup peanut butter (any style)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 5 milk chocolate bars Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. In mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, flour and egg whites then stir in 3/4 cup of the walnuts.
2. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (until lightly browned along the edges).
3. Meanwhile, break chocolate into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
4. Remove cookies from oven and immediately place chocolate on top of cookies. Place back in oven and bake for 1 minute more.
5. Remove from oven and using a spatula spread the melted chocolate over tops of the cookies and then sprinkle with the remaining walnuts. Cut into squares while warm.