Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (use stick margarine, not tubs)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Grease and lightly flour a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
2. In a large mixer bowl at low speed, beat flour, sugar, mashed potatoes, milk, chocolate, eggs, buter, baking soda, salt, vanilla and baking powder for 30 seconds, scraping sides frequently.
3. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.