OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE
- 7 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Flour Pastry for
- 2 9-inch pie crusts Milk About
- 2 hours before serving or early in day
1. In large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients; set aside. Divide pastry into 2 pieces, one slightly larger.
2. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll larger piece into a circle; 1/8″ thick.
3. Line pie plate with circle; trim and leave 1-inch overhang. Spoon apple mixture into lined plate.
4. Roll small pastry piece into 12″ circle; cut into 14 1/2″ wide strips. Use to make woven lattice top.
5. Seal ends; make fluted edge. Brush pastry with milk. Bake in 425 oven 1 hour or until tender.