New Orleans Muffuletta Celebrate the spirit of Mardi Gras with this New Orlean’s inspired sandwich.
Olive Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 (16-ounce) jar mixed pickled vegetables, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 (4 1/4-ounce) can chopped pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (1-pound) unsliced round Italian bread
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices (3/4-ounce each) deli LAND O LAKES® American Cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli hard salami
- 4 slices (3/4-ounce each) deli LAND O LAKES® Provolone Cheese
1. Combine pickled vegetables, green olives, ripe olives, olive oil and garlic in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in half horizontally; remove bread in center, leaving 1/2-inch thick bread shells. Divide olive mixture between bread shells; press firmly.
3. Layer bottom bread shell with turkey, American cheese, salami and Provolone cheese. Carefully top with remaining bread shell.
4. Wrap tightly in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. To serve, secure with toothpicks. Cut into wedges.
Makes 8 servings