Merry Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (at room temp.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup each: chopped glazed green and red cherries
1. Preheat Oven to 350F. In a 1 quart mixer bowl, cut butter in chunks; add brown sugar and flour, mix at low speed. Beat at medium speed, scraping sides of bowls often, until well mixed (about 1 min). Reserve about 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
2. Press remaining mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan. Bake in center of oven for 10-12 minutes. Prepare filling while crust bakes.
3. In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and lemon juice at medium speed until fluffy (1-2 min). Stir in choppedcherries. Spread over crust, sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
4. Continue baking 18-20 minutes or until filling is set and top is lightly browned. Cool and store in refrigerator.
Makes about 36 bars