- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- Lime slices; fresh strawberries
1. Combine pretzel crumbs and butter; firmly press on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9−inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes; set crust aside.
2. Place strawberries in container of electric blender; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Reserve 1/2 cup purée.
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in lime juice, tequila and liqueur. Pour into prepared pan; pour reserved strawberry purée on top in a circle, and gently swirl batter with a knife. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes (center will be soft). Remove from oven, and run knife around edge of pan to release sides. Return to oven; turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours. (Do not cover with aluminum foil.) Garnish, if desired, with lime slices and fresh strawberries.