- chicken tenders (3 per person) cream of mushroom soup
- (1 can for 2-3 people, 2 for 4-6)
- Mrs. Grass Onion Soup Mix (1 per each can of soup) 1Tbsp olive oil
- long grain brown rice (1 cup per can of soup)
- 1Tbsp whole thyme, crushed S&P to taste
- desired amount of broccoli florettes (optional)
- diced red pepper (optional)
When using brown rice, you need 2 1/ 4 cups liquid for each 1 cup rice.
So I empty my can of soup into a measuring cup,
and add water (or white wine) to equal 2 ½ (not a typo, you need the extra for the onion soup mix).
Heat olive oil in a saute pan, and add rice until it begins to crackle, but not brown.
This will make the rice dense, and help it keepit’s shape while cooking.
Whisk together the soups and additional H2o, herbs and seasonings.
Combine all ingredients (except veggies) in crockpot, and cook on high 4-6 hours, or 8-10 hours on low.
During last 30-45 minutes, add desired veggies.
Great with crusty bread, and a fresh salad.