Cranberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake
- 2 c Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 c Butter
- 1 1/4 c Packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 ts Baking soda
- 1 ts Baking powder Pinch of salt
- 1 c Buttermilk
- 1 c White chocolate chips
1. If using frozen cranberries, thaw and drain berries. In large bowl, beat butter with 1 cup of the brown sugar until light. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk. Gently stir in cranberries and 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips.
3. Spoon into greased 9 inch springform pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and chocolate chips. Bake coffee cake in center of 350 degrees F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm when gently pressed in center.
4. Let cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or cool. (Coffee cake can be wrapped in plastic wrap, then foil and frozen in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.) Makes 12 servings.