Cracker Barrel Chicken Salad an old-time chicken salad made with chunks of chicken breast served on a bed of lettuce surrounded with cheese, tomato and egg.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 2 ribs celery, cut in chunks
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 (3-oz.) cans chunk chicken; shredded fine
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Salad Dressing lettuce, torn Cheddar cheese wedges
- 1 tomato, quartered hard-boiled egg halves extra dressing
1. Place chicken breast in saucepan; add celery chunks and bouillon cubes. Add cold water to cover and cook until tender. Remove from broth; refrigerate until very cold. (This is a great make-ahead dish or even a good way to use leftover chicken.) Discard broth.
2. Dice cold chicken into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to large bowl and add canned chicken, relish, onion, and celery.
3. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and Miracle Whip; blend well. Pour over chicken mixture and mix well.
4. To serve: Using an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of salad on lettuce leaves and surround with cheese, tomato and egg. Serve immediately.