Chocolate Chile Pecan Brownies
- 4 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 10 tb Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c Sugar (castor)
- 3 Extra large eggs
- 1 1/4 ts Pure vanilla extract
- 1 c Unbleached flour
- 2 ts Hot ground red chile Generous pinch of salt
- 1 c Caramelized Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350. Generously butter and lightly flour 9×13 in. baking pan.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat. Stir well and let cool a few minutes.
3. Beat mixture w/ a wooden spoon until blended. Stir in sugar and mix well. Beat eggs and vanilla into the batter until well blended. Stir in flour, ground chile, and salt until just mixed.
4. Stir in pecans and pour batter into pan, spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes.