Chocolate cherry cheesecake recipe
- 8 1/2 oz Chocolate Wafers, Fine Crush
- 1/2 c Butter, Melted
- 12 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 4 ea Large Eggs
- 3/4 c Cherry Flavored Liqueur
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream Whipped (Opt.)
1. In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter. Pat filmy into 9-inch spring form pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides. Chill. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Set aside. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate mixture, cherry liqueur, and vanilla, mix until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 60 minutes. Turn oven off. Let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour. Remove, cool completely. Chill 24 hours.
5. Spread cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake leaving 1-inch from the edge. Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.