Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 1 pk Fudge cake mix
- 1 cn (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 ts Almond extract
- 2 Eggs; beaten Frosting:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Combine all ingredients for bars in a mixing bowl and stir by hand until mixed.
2. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake. Cool on rack.
3. To make frosting, combine sugar, butter and milk in small saucepan. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat, add chocolate pieces and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled bars.