Broccoli and rice in a cheese sauce, topped with crushed crackers and more cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. Velveeta cheese
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten; add broccoli florets, cooked rice, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Dice Velveeta into ¼-inch pieces and place in microwaveable container; Pour half and half over; cover and microwave on medium for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, this can be done in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Transfer to bowl with rice mixture; blend well.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with crushed crackers and cheddar cheese; return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts and cracker crumbs have browned.