Kicked Up Blue Cheese-stuffed Bacon Hamburgers
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces blue cheese
- 4 large hamburger or kaiser buns, split in half
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained.Desired condiments, such as sliced tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, sliced onions, mayonnaise, mustard
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. (Alternately, cook the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat.)
2. In a bowl, combine the beef, garlic, salt, and pepper, and mix gently but thoroughly. Divide into 8 equal patties.
3. In a separate bowl, crumble the cheese and form into 4 equal patties. Place 1 cheese patty on each of 4 beef patties. Top with remaining 4 beef patties, pinching the edges under to seal the cheese completely.
4. Place the stuffed patties on the grill and cook to desired temperature, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Alternately, cook the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat.) Place the buns on the grill, inside down, until just warmed through, about 30 seconds. Remove the patties and buns from the grill.
5. Place the buns on serving plates and top with desired condiments. Arrange 1 patty on each bottom bun and top with 2 strips of bacon. Place the top buns on each burger and serve immediately.
Yield: Makes 4 servings