- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 catfish fillets (4 – 5 ounces each)
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon slices
1. Put paprika, sage, cumin, garlic powder, sugar, salt, cayenne and onion powder in a 1-gallon food-storage bag.
2. Close bag and shake until well blended. Put 1 fillet in bag at a time and shake until lightly coated. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
3. Add oil and heat over medium-low heat until hot.
4. Add catfish fillets, skinned side up, and cook 4 to 5 minutes until lightly blackened. Carefully turn with spatula.
5. Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, or until fish feels firm and is opaque at the thickest part. Serve with lemon slices.