- 1 1/4 cups Dried black beans — soaked
- 4 cups Water
- 1 each Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 1 each Clove garlic — minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 each Red pepper — diced
- 1/2 each Yellow pepper — diced
- 1/2 each Green pepper — diced
- 1 each Red onion — diced
- 4 each Scallion — thinly sliced
Drain beans & rinse well. Put in a large pot with the water & bay leaf.
Bring to a boil & simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Drain.
Combine salt, vinegar, garlic, cumin, hot pepper sauce, cilantro &
olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over warm beans. Toss well. Add
remaining ingredients. Toss gently, garnish with fresh cilantro &
serve at room temperature.