Avocado Monte Cristo
- 3/4 cup garlic mayonnaise (aioli)
- 24 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 6 California avocados (3 pound)
- 48 (1 ounce) slices sliced roasted chicken or turkey (3 pound)
- 24 (1 ounce) slices sliced Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 16 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt Unsalted butter, as needed
- 3 cups fresh fruit salsa of choice
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs
1. Spread 1/2 tablespoon garlic mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Cover 12 slices of bread with avocado slices.
2. Top each with 2 slices of chicken or turkey and 1 slice cheese. Cover each with remaining slice of bread, spread-side down, diagonally cut each in half. Reserve.
3. Beat together egg, milk, and salt; reserve. Dip 2 halves of a sandwich in egg mixture, coating well.
4. Brown in hot butter, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with 1/4 cup fresh fruit salsa. Garnish with a cilantro sprig.