- 6 English muffins, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded (3 oz.)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- Spread English muffin halves with the 3 tablespoons butter.
- Line a greased 2 quart rectangular baking dish with half the muffins, buttered side up.
- In a medium bowl combine the crabmeat and cheeses and layer this mixture over the muffins in
the dish; sprinkle with capers and top with remaining muffins; buttered side up.
- In a large skillet, cook onions in the 1 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until l
- Stir in sherry and worchershire sauce.
- Bring to just boiling and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste (dash of
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Carefully pour over muffin layers in baking dish and press muffins lightly with back of a large
spoon to moisten tops.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until muffins are browned
and knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.