- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 slices bread (medium thickness*)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- – Confectioner’s sugar
- In a small bowl beat eggs, nonfat dry milk, water, salt and sugar until smooth and blended.
- Lay slices of bread in a flat baking dish.
- Pour mixture over bread, turn to coat evenly; cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning melt butter in skillet.
- Saute until golden brown; turn on other side.
- Add more butter if needed.
- Serve with syrup.
- Raisin bread makes an interesting variation.