Chicken Milanese cheese and Italian seasoning-flavored chicken breasts in a white wine and chicken-based cream sauce infused with tomatoes and spinach served over tortellini.
Sauce & Pasta:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 roasted garlic cloves, minced (or 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 (20-oz) package tortelloni or tortellini, cooked according to package directions
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 lemon wedges
1. Prepare chicken: Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound gently to ½-inch thickness.
2. In shallow dish, whisk eggs and milk until blended.
3. In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper; transfer to separate shallow dish.
4. Dredge chicken in flour; press to coat both sides; dip in egg wash to coat both sides; allow excess to shake off. Place in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat well on both sides. Set aside. Allow to sit on a plate to set.
5. Prepare sauce: In saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter; add minced garlic; saute for 1 minute; add 1/4 cup flour; stir until well blended. Add wine, broth, heavy cream and cheese. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, allowing mixture to thicken. When mixture begins to thicken, add roasted garlic, pepper and salt; stir to blend well. Add tomatoes and spinach; allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Cook chicken: In large, heavy skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook until both sides are golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Meanwhile, cook tortellini in boiling salted water; drain and do not rinse.
8. Transfer tortellini to serving platter and top with cooked chicken and sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Serve hot.