- 1/2 pound Green Beans — ends removed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 each Large Dry Shallots — chopped
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Chickpeas — drained 19oz
- 2 each Tomatoes, seeded — chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil — chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice — fresh
You can use 1 teaspoon of dried basil instead of the fresh stuff.
Remove the ends from the beans and cut into 1 12 inch lengths. Cook in
boiling water until just tender, about 5 – 7 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frypan over medium
heat; cook the shallots until softened, about 2 minutes. Add balsamic
vinegar and cook until liquid is reduced.
Drain chickpeas and stir in chickpeas and green beans; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
In a serving bowl, combine the bean mixture with tomatoes, olives and
basil. Whisk together the remaining oil with lemon juice and pour over
salad; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 2 as main course, 4 as side dish.