- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, warm oil; add the red peppers and yellow
peppers; cook stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep warm over low heat. In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg whites, basil, and black pepper.
- Coat a small non-stick frying pan with non-stick spray.
- Warm over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add half of the egg mixture, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until the eggs are set.
- Carefully loosen and flip; cook for 1 minute, or until firm.
- Sprinkly half of the peppers over the eggs.
- Fold to enclose the filling.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of the Parmesan.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, peppers, and 1 tsp Parmesan.