- To prepare this Broiled Bacon Recipe 1, first bacon may be broiled over a rather dull fire, but with
a loss of fat, which is of value.
- To avoid this waste, the cooking may be done in the oven.
- Lay the bacon, cut in very thin slices, on the wires of a double broiler, close the broiler and set it into a moderate oven over a dripping pan.
- Let cook until the bacon is delicately browned and crisp, then serve at once.
- This is one of the simplest and best ways of cooking bacon.
- That the bacon cook evenly, it must be sliced evenly.
- Lay the strip, skin side down, on a meat board, then with a strong, sharp, thin-bladed knife cut in slices as thin as possible, one after another, down to the rind; then run the knife between the slices and the rind, thus detaching them all together.
- Store the strip in a cool, dry place, that it may not mould and, also, that it may be sliced more readily.