Classic Patty Melt a tasty seasoned burger grilled to perfection, served on butter-grilled bread and topped with sauteed onions and melted cheeses.
- 2 burger patties salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste melted butter, as needed
- 4 pieces Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise blended with roasted garlic and mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced onions
1. Season burger with salt, pepper and garlic and place seasoned side down on grill or in broiler. Season top side of burger. Cook to desired doneness, flipping halfway through grilling.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Spread mayonnaise on one side of bread slices. Place bread slices in skillet to brown with the mayonnaise side up. Move the bread slices around in the pan to coat with the melted butter.
3. Place Swiss cheese on one slice of mayonnaise-coated bread, and Cheddar on the other.
4. In separate skillet, melt butter and saute onions, seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and garlic.
5. Transfer cooked patties to one slice of bread and the sautéed onions to the other. Carefully assemble and cut in half. Serve.