- 3 pounds fresh pork shoulder, trimmed well
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried savory, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Trim pork of all fat; cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Freeze pork for 30 minutes.
- In meat grinder or food processor, grind pork and then grind pork again with onion and garlic.
- In large bowl, mix seasonings into pork mixture.
- Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Form into 16 patties, cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours to marry flavors.
- Use within two days or wrap in air-tight paper and freeze.
- To cook, over medium-high heat on griddle or in skillet, cook sausages until browned and cooked through.